Sunday, November 04, 2007

Candy Conundrum (Or, how sarcasm is rather lost on a 4 year old...)

Halloween candy always creates a dilemma for me. We don't eat an excessive amount of candy, as a family, so I think one gluttonous holiday for my children is okay. I can't decide if it's better to spread the candy out over several days/weeks - only allowing my children 1-2 pieces per day, or if it's better to just let them gorge themselves on their candy, getting rid of it MUCH more quickly than is healthy!

Today, after church, the boys each ate a piece or two of Halloween candy. Nate approached Warren and said, "may we eat more candy, please?"

Warren replied sarcastically that, "just eat it all gone - or until you start to get sick."

Nate was overjoyed by this response! He ran out into the hallway yelling to his brothers, "Dad said we could eat all of our candy! But if we start to get sick we hafta stop..."

Warren and I just laughed! I do wish the candy would just go away, though...

No comments: